Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 0: Here Goes Nothing...

Tomorrow, Ash Wednesday will mark the start of Lent for millions of Christians worldwide. With Lent being a time of sacrifice for Jesus, tomorrow many will be asked:
What are you giving up for Lent?
Now, I am by no means religious. I haven't given anything up for Lent since I was a kid in Catholic grade school. But yesterday, an idea struck me while reading the blog 28 Things to Do - what if I gave up doing uninteresting things for Lent? For the next 46 days, Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday, I plan on doing something new and interesting every single day.

While this sounds like it could be fun, I believe it is actually going to be a serious challenge. For one, thinking of something new to do every single day is going to be hard. I only have about one week's worth of ideas so far. Another factor that makes this difficult is the fact that I hold down a full time job as a Software Tester - so the weekday hours of 8 to 5 are out. Nevertheless, I plan on giving this a go. Let's see how long I can keep doing it - and how long I can keep thinking of new ideas!

If you have any ideas for things you'd like to see me do, shoot me an email: 46daysofawesome@gmail.com.

46 straight days of self improvement and new experiences begin bright and early tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. i have a suggestion for the suggestion box - take a picture for each event and add it to your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. billions not millions sir. you should eat your way to a sobelmans burgers with 40 patties, stepping up the patties each day.

    ReplyDelete